Friday, April 15, 2016

40 great nail art ideas: Pink needle drag floral design

Introduction

Good day darlings. I'm on vacation in Russia, but I'll try to write couple blog posts and share some pictures on IG. This week challenge for 40 great nail art ideas was pink & lilac and my specific prompt was needle drag. I just received this gorgeous pink-lilac jelly with copper glitter - Wear it like armour Cadillaquer, perfect shade for spring and for this challenge. However it would not work as a base for needle drag technique as it requires 3 coats to reach opacity. That's why I did needle drag design using clear base polish and bright pink-magenta polish called Electra on top of the silicone mat, let it dry and applied as decals. Also, I added some individual glitters on top so that it would look like flowers. On pictures it looks a bit messy, but in real life those flowers looked wonderful. And did I mention that I'm in love with this particular shade of lilac? I'm sure you'll see it again on my blog.

Results


Figure 1. Floral dry marble design and Cadillaquer Wear it like Armour




Figure 2. More images with bottle and without.


Figure 3. Macro images of individual nails.

Materials and Methods

Nail Polish:
  • Cadillaquer - Wear it like Armour (3 coats)
  • Color craze - Electra (dry marble)
  • Clear base polish
References

No comments:

Post a Comment