Today the theme was "Lucia/Christmas where you leave" and i decided to do something which reminds me of my childhood in Russia. During winter the city where I lived is pretty grey, because it does not snow much, but we have these gorgeous red birds. They are called bullfinch and they love to eat rowan berries, which become sweet after freezing (you can see pictures of them at the end of the post). So they were my inspiration for this nail art. Seeing these birds gives me very christmassy mood.
Figure 1. "Bullfinch and Rowan".
Figure 2. More images at different light settings.
Figure 3. Macro images.
Materials and Methods:
- Picture polish - Whimsy (gradient, top)
- Essie - Bikini so teeny (gradient, middle)
- Picture polish - White wedding (gradient, bottom)
- Mundo de Unas - Reddish (drawing)
- Mundo de Unas - Black (drawing)
- Mundo de Unas - White (drawing)
- MoYou London -Mother nature 07 (ring finger)
To create this nail art I first made gradient background using make up sponge with Whimsy, Bikini so teeny and White wedding. After that I stamped bird and used freehand drawing for rowan brunches and to color the bullfinch. For berries I used dotting tool and brush for other elements. Me freehand drawing is not very good, so I'm not entirely satisfied and I definitely have to practice more.