Sunday, June 14, 2015

HPB presents: Picture polish Pshiiit and Paradise with teal pond nail art "Crowded with jellyfish"

Introduction


Ever since I saw Jellyfish pond nails created by @firefly5 it was on my "to do" list and finally 9 months later it's done. I really enjoy creating and looking at the pond nails and one of my  personal favorite manis is orange pond "Autumn leaves".  For this "Crowded with jellyfish" pond I stared with Picture polish Pshiiit, because i wanted to have more intense background with some flakies. I stamped corals and bubbles on each nail (or anchor on ring finger) and applied a layer of Paradise to add some glitter (which is not really visible in the final mani). After that I stamped 2-3 jellyfishes one by one and applied teal OPI sheer tint, this step was repeated 3 times. And I stamped snail on the thumb instead of jellyfish. This look is really pretty with shimmer adding extra touch to the depth of pond. I love how it turned out.

Results



Figure 1. Nail art "Crowded with jellyfish".






Figure 2. More images with bottle.





 Figure 3. And without.




Figure 4. Individual nails.




 Figure 5. Macro images of pond nails with stamping.

Materials and Methods

Nail Polish:
  • Picture polish - Pshiiit and Paradise (1 coat each)
  • Mundo de Unas - White (stamping)
  • OPI sheer tints - I can teal you like me (pond 3 layers)
  • Color Club - Lady liberty (highlights)
Stamping plates:
  • Bundle monster - BM504 and BM 505 
  • MoYou London -Sailor 08 
  • HeHe - 012
References

15 comments:

  1. I am sure all the extra layered stamping took some time, but the effect is wonderful. I get the sense of depth on your nails that a one and done stamp would not have gotten. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Teresa, i love pond nails for their depth , but it does take a lot of time :)

      Delete
  2. Love the result! I have to try the pond stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara, you definitely should try :)

      Delete
  3. So complex and intricate! Your macros really made me appreciate the depth of this mani! You slayed pond manis :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Sumeet, I think the key to nice pond is the image which you stamp, it should show layers nicely, and someone before me discovered that jellyfish works nice, so I just had to stamp it :)

      Delete
  4. You definitely nailed it!!! I was practicing my pond mani on swatch sticks yesterday, did each twice and still hate the results. I'm not good at individual placement. Yours is phenomenal the layers are so intricately placed creating a nice depth, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Myishia. Pond nails are more forgivable with placement, so it was not that bad. I did not want to stamp entire image because all jellyfishes are too close there and with 2-3 layers it becomes a mess. So I think if you wan to get better in placement, pond nails are really good to start. And do not give up, I was bad at it myself and only practice makes it better. If i have to stamp geometric image in the middle of the nail, I still struggle. CSS helped me a lot with placement, as i squish nail into stamper i can control placement much much better, you can try it too :)

      Delete
  5. I'm wondering if I should just give up with placement manis and just stick to what I know how to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. never give up, but maybe tale a break if you feel really annoyed by it. One mani with very precise placement I had to redo 3 times during couple months... but i made final version looking ok :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks I won't totally give up, but will revisit it after everybody has finished posting their fabulous ones, lol. What is Css though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's creative shop stamper, one with big round and soft head :) You can get one http://color4nails.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_237&product_id=1529#.VYG8oPlVhHw

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for all of your advice. I have a Cs's, but don't really use it because I'm currently nubbing it, lol. I use a very squishy and sticky stamper from aliexpress and that helps I just need more practice. I just have no spatial perception.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out so gorgeous! I totally want to try pond nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Traci, you should try, it's not very difficult, just have to be patient for layers to dry :)

      Delete