Thursday, May 28, 2015

30 Days of Colour: Emily de Molly Ariel's realm nail art with Hehe stamping "Green neurons"

Introduction


May 30 days of Colour challenge is almost over and for today's entry we are supposed to show nail art done with favorite brand/technique. I chose both. My favorite brand is Australian indie polish Emily de Molly. And my favorite nail art technique is definitely stamping, which I love to combine with other techniques to achieve desired look. This particular nail art is inspired by my profession. I'm a neuroscientist and I always though that neurons are incredibly beautiful, and unavoidably they have huge potential for interesting nail art. This simple look actually has combination of stamping (green neurons), dotting (red spines) and a bit of free hand (neuronal bodies). You can find original picture of a neuron at the end of my post. I love how this turned out and want to make more designs inspired by neuroscience. Let me know what you think about it and if you do nails inspired by your profession how do they look?

Results


Figure 1. Nail art "Green neurons"


Figure 2. More images with bottle.







Figure 3. And without.





Figure 4. Individual nails.



Figure 5. Macro images of stamping.

Materials and Methods

Nail Polish:
  • Emily de Molly Ariel's realm (2 coats)
  • Mundo de Unas - Reddish (dotting) and Avocado (stamping)
Stamping plates:
  • Hehe - 035
References
Inspiration:
Image is taken from http://www.greenspine.ca/

6 comments:

  1. Girl, your nails grew a lot. They look great! Is the base color a flakier polish? If so did you wear undies or is it opaque on its own? Crazy cool neurons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myishia, I never ever had them so long. And now it's more difficult to photograph actually, because they go out of focus easily :) I just want to make one nail art which requires long nails and my two attempts were failures :( Once I'm satisfied with results I'm filing them down. And as usually you are so attentive to details, Ariel's realm is a flakie with dark teal base, I applied two coats, just got distracted while writing post and forgot to mention it. Thank to you, I added this info :*

      Delete
  2. Ariel's Realm is UH-MAZZIINGGG!!! I completely agree, neurons are beautiful!! I think certain bacterial colonies and paramecium have a potential for nail art too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sumeet, is it going to be your first EdM ;) ??? I'm happy that you like neurons too, and great idea about bacteria... we should do twin science inspired nails or something... I saw how people do mini art in petri dish with colorful colonies it's so freaking awesome.

      Delete
  3. Are those neurons firing? Love everything about this manicure -- the colors, the intricasies of the nail art, the exotic (and slightly scary in a cool scifi kind of way) look, the justice it does to the deeply cool inspiration. And that EdM is frickin' gorgeous. Nothin' but net, baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Liz, I was kind of worried that people will not get it. But your words just make me so happy. Red dots were supposed to represent labeled spines, but they look a bit too round for it. Ohh well it's my first attempt. I can see scary part, now that you mentioned it and just love them more for it ;)))

      Delete