Saturday, November 7, 2015

November macro challenge: "Khokhloma" nail art with Golden Russian Pet'la stamping plate

Introduction


Good day darlings. A little late, but I'm ready to show you my "Berry" nail design for November macro challenge prompt. It was inspired by traditional Russian patterns called Khokhloma and I was able to make it using gorgeous Golden Russia Pet'la stamping plate. Khokhloma is usually made on a black background with gold and red colors, that's why I after stamping with gold floral pattern, I added red dots on top of each berry. The best part of Golden Russian Pet'la plate is that this pattern comes in 3 different sizes. I used medium one, and if you have shorter or longer nails you can easily use two other images with smaller or larger berries, respectively. Maybe it's because I'm Russian, but I absolutely love this designs and was wearing it a whole week. 

Results


Figure 1. Nail art "Khokhloma"



Figure 2. More images with bottle.


Figure 3. And without.




Figure 4. Macro images of stamping.

Materials and Methods

Nail Polish:

  • Zoya - Domiva (1 coat)
  • Emily de Molly  -  Dark crystal (1 coat)
  • Mundo de unad - Gold (stamping) and Reddish (doting)

Stamping plates:
  • Pet'la - Golden Russian
References
You can buy Golden russian plate here.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! At first I thought you had stamped over plain black but then the macros showing the sparkle of the base polish are just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I love this black polish with sparkle :)

      Delete