Sunday, June 21, 2015

30 Days of Colour: Pond and waterfall nail art with Picture polish and Mundo de Unas stamping "Summer waterfall"

Introduction

The prompt was red/pond and I chose to do another pond mani this time combined with waterfall technique, which I never used before. For ring finger which represents waterfall itself my formula was: coat of white wedding+tint+(waterfall with various Picture polishes + tint)x 3. For other fingers coat of DIY jelly + (waterfall with various Picture polishes + stamping + DIY jelly)x3. Finally for the thumb I combined both and did not apply jelly of tint on top, that's why it looks so gorgeous on macros, we can see all textures mixed together. I think waterfall at every pond layer was really excessive one or two would be enough and just clear top coat without jelly to show structure better. I love these nails and wore them for 6 days, which is very long for me. Looking forward to use waterfall technique again. And how about you, did you ever make waterfall nails?

Results


Figure 1. Nail art "Summer waterfall"




Figure 2. More images with bottle.




Figure 3. And without.


Figure 4. Individual nails.



Figure 5. Macro images.

Materials and Methods

Nail Polish:
  • DIY green jelly made with Julep Mackenzie (pond)
  • OPI sheer tint -  I can teal you like me (pond)
  • Picture polish - White wedding, Hercynia, Whimsy, Betty and Eyre (waterfall)
  • Essie - The more the merrier (waterfall)
  • Mundo de Unas - White (stamping)
Stamping plates:
  • Tian xin 21 - MoYou london knock off plate
References

5 comments: