Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Picture polish nail art quarterly 1 "Flower power" and my free hand design "Flowers and snails"

Introduction


Good day darlings, today I finally can post my free hand design for the Picture Polish nail art contest (* #ppnailartquarterly1), on which I was working for the past two weeks. It was a real challenge and I made four different designs, you gonna see remaining three later.  The theme was "Flower power" and many people strongly associate this phrase with hippie culture. Since I'm a biologist, my nail art was inspired by the amazing power of flowers which we often disregard. World wide people enjoy the beauty of flowers, forgetting that originally the perform a very important function, they create habitat for numerous little creatures. I've always admired how flowers and animals can co-exist and become an essential part of each other's life. For this manicure I used Never Nude, Dragonfly and Hussy to create fictional dry brush flowers and little snails living among them. Accents were done using black and white acrylic paint. Snails have colors similar to those of flowers and can easily hide among them, while helping to spread pollen from one flower to another. I love the harmony of this mini ecosystem, don't you?

Results


Figure 1. Nail art "Flowers and snails"





Figure 2. More images with bottle.




Figure 3. And without.




Figure 4. Pictures with pearls.


Figure 5. Individual nails.



Figure 6. Macro images.

Materials and Methods

Nail Polish:
  • Picture polish - Never nude (2 coats)
  • Picture polish - Dragonfly and Hussy (free hand drawing)
Other materials:
  • Acrylic paint- black and white
References

*On Instagram you can use hashtag #ppnailartquarterly1 to see all other entries, they are worth looking at !!!

6 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed looking through all the entries and I love the inspiration for your design. I like all the little details you've included like the little snail 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathryn, I'm happy you love them <3

      Delete
  2. Very, very pretty. Love the snail :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love the colors you've chosen and the little snail is cute.

    ReplyDelete