Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Winter nail art challenge: Tinsel/Ornaments

Introduction:

Christmas is nearing end only three entries left. Today, I made christmas ornament using pastel colors peach and lilac. I really like how delicate this mani looks. I'm not super good with stamping placement, so I created decals and it really helped to center ornaments. Also, by making decals I was able to add background lilac color.

Results:


Figure 1. All five nails with christmassy ornament.


  


Figure 2. More images at various light settings.


Figure 3. Macro image of stamping decal.

Materials and Methods:

Nail polish: 
  • Color club - Safari sunset (2 coats)
  • Essie - Full steam ahead (2 coats, ring finger)
  • Mundo de Unas - Peach (decals)


Stamping plates:
  •   Bundle monster - BM416

Discussion:

Since it's almost Christmas, I want to share with you one little secret, which I discovered while making this nail art. As you can see, this stamping image has many small elements and I noticed that it was possible to pick them up with stamper only if I scraped once and left a bit more polish on the plate than usual (normally I scraped 2-3 times). I will test if this trick will work with other delicate images and keep you updated. Mean while if you try it yourself, please let me know how it works for you.


Do not forget to check other entries:

2 comments: