Sunday, February 1, 2015

Mundo de Unas stamping polish review.

Introduction:

It's a first day of February and this month is going to be about ABC challenge. The idea of this challenge is to use untried polishes in alphabetical order (feel free to join us). Recently I received a second batch of great stamping polish from Mundo de Unas, so I plan to use many of them during this month. Since now I have 30 different colors + black & white, I decided to compare all of them in this post. Hopefully it'll help you to choose, which color you want to add to your own collection.
PS: I made second review with 40 colors, bottle pictures and names, organized in very convenient collages. Plus links to the blog posts where I used each polish. You can find this review here.
Results: 
Figure 1. My new Mundo de Unas colors, I plan to use most of them for ABC challenge. Here I used the same stamping pattern for easier comparison.


Figure 2. And colors from my first purchase. I was eager to try new plate, so I did all patterns from this plate, not just one. Sorry if it bugs you.

Materials and Methods:

Nail polish: 
  • Essie - Licorice (black base)
  • Julep - Nicoletta (white base)

Stamping plate:
  • Mundo de Unas - D8


Discussion: 

In this section all pictures were taken under LED light lamp, so there is no variation in the light settings between them. Among blue colors 49 and 42 (Lavender and Holland blue) are really close to each other so I would not bother to get both. So far I tried only Holland blue
Purple/Blue: 14 - Violet, 60- Fantasy, 49 - Lavender, 42 - Holland blue, 6 - Pastel blue.

As for silver/grey, I was really looking forward to get 45 (Metallic purple) and was disappointed that it looks similar to 18 (Silver). In fact, 33 - Light grey is also pretty close to them except for its finish. My favorite is definitely forest, it looks super nice over white.
Silver/Grey: 45 - Metallic purple, 33 - Light grey, 18 - Silver, 36 - Forest.

Next is cyan/green and I can tell you right away, that you must buy 24 Aqua. It stamps great even on dark background and looks super bright (click here for proof and here). Fiji is just a bit darker version of Aqua. Among greens 39 Avocado and 52 Lemon tree are pretty similar and you probably can choose just one. 
Cyan/Green: 24 - Aqua, 61 -Fiji, 7 - Dark green, 39 - Avocado, 52 - Lemon tree, 38 - Neon green.

Now yellows, 27 Neon yellow is a little bit transparent when you stamp it over black, which results in greenish color, while 12 Cream and 11 Yellow do not have this effect. Both 17 Gold and 19 Bronze separate in the bottle so you need to give it a good shake before stamping. The give great final images (gold and bronze).
Yellow/gold: 27 - Neon yellow, 12 - Cream, 11 - Yellow, 17 - Gold, 19 -Bronze, 23 - Chocolate.

Finally, among reds and pinks every polish looks quite unique. The most close ones are 51 Tulip and 32 Reddish. Reddish is really radiant and must have color, as well as 15 Mexican pink. Two pastel colors 31 Peach and 25 Pastel pink are very delicate (cream and peach), but nicely visible even on the white background. 
Red/Orange: 51 - Tulip, 32 - Reddish, 28- Neon orange, 31 -Peach.
Pink: 41 - Copper, 44 - Old pink, 20 - Fiucsa, 15 - Mexican pink, 25 - Pastel pink.

Thus, I highly recommend you to get this polish for stamping. It's  not only bright colors stamping well over both black and white, but also polish which can be easily removed from nail using tape. This last quality makes it really easy to correct mistakes.

References:
You can buy this polish directly from MdU. It's cheaper but takes long time for delivery.
Or from US based store Llarowe.

10 comments:

  1. what a fantastic post!! thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post!!! I just ordered a bunch of Minis to expand my existing collection. When I saw this post (after placing my order - typical) I thought i should have seen this sooner but the only one I didn't get was Aqua but I got Fiji and Turquoise so I'm good.

    Love how well these stamp and when stretching images the MDU'S perform brilliantly.

    Thanks for taking the time to make this comprehensive post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your interest, I also ordered new colors, so there will be second version of review in a while :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, I'm placing my first order with this company and I am SO happy to have found your review. I just can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. Thank you so very much!!

    ReplyDelete