Sunday, May 24, 2015

30 Days of Colour: Color blocking with vinyls, pastel creams and holos "Holo undies"

Introduction

Two days later, but I want to post my cream/color blocking mani for 30 Days of Color challenge. I had an idea to make double color blocking and use some vinyls, which I bought at Emily de Molly website, it was way to ambitious for my level of this technique. The polish combo of paste creams and holos works together marvelous, but whole mani would look much better with gradient technique, rather than blocking. Needless to say it took ages to dry and looks very thick. I could not decide which bottle to hold, so I made a group bottle pictures instead :) My favorite is spiral on the thumb, that's why I plan to repeat this mani using gradients and spirals.

Results


Figure 1. Nail art "Holo undies".

Figure 2. Polish which I used.




Figure 3. More images of this manicure.



Figure 4. Individual nails.


Figure 5. Macro images.

Materials and Methods

Nail Polish:
  • Essie- Full steam ahead, Bikini so teeny and The more the merrier (top blocking)
  • Barry M - Papaya (top blocking)
  • Emily de Molly - Head over heals, Inner peace and Setting sun (base blocking)
  • Enchanted polish - March 2014 (base blocking)
Vinyls:
  • Spiral, roses and zigzags
References

No comments:

Post a Comment