Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September Nail Art Challenge: Stamping Month! Day 9: Fish

Introduction:

Today stamping challenge was  Fish and I did single nail art. First of all because I have only one image of fish on my plates and second, because I did not want to remove my previous mani Tropical sunrise
Results:




Figure 1. Single nail art , stamping with seahorse. Without top coat




Figure 2. Tow more images at different light settings, after top coat application.


  
Figure 3. Macro image of stamping.

Materials and Methods:

Nail polish: 
  • Picture polish - Pshiiit (2 coats)
  • Dance legend - Wazowski (stamping)
  • Picture polish - Mirage (stamping, drawing) 
  • Sally Hansen - Natural white (drawing)
  • Pretty & Polish - Sand art (drawing)
  • Essie - Licorice (seahorse eye)
Stamping plates:
  • Pueen 36
  • Salon express SE-19
  Discussion: 

The image of seahorse which I have is very simple, so I had to add many elements to make this art interesting. I started with base color using gorgeous Pshiiit and adding a bit of sand at one side of the nail using Sand art. After that I drew seaweed using Natural white and Mirage and stamped seahorse with Wazowski. To make seahorse look better I added some details to it and finally i stamped little bubbles next to the seahorse head using Mirage. I was not sure if topcoat will smear drawing so I took some images before and some after. Overall I'm pretty happy with results.  This design could be used on one accent nail while others could be stamped just with bubbles or simple decorated seahorses. Also I feel like limited number of stamping plates + challenge really push my creativity :)

References:



2 comments:

  1. I am in love! This is just adorable :) I think I may need Pshiiit in my life too... you have shown it off as a beautiful colour here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it, especially since you like dark greens. The flakes inside are really nice.

      Delete