Sunday, July 12, 2015

Double gradient nail art with square spiral vinyls from Emily de molly "Beyond colorful"

Introduction

Hello my dear readers today I have a double post for you with both left and right hands done using exactly the same polish, but different nails art techniques. No stamping though ;) I used cream/holo polish combo from my double color blocking post. For the left hand I did first layer of gradient using 4 different creams, applied square spiral vinyls from Emily de Molly and added second holo gradient with four matching polishes. These nails look wonderful and much more light, than with color blocking, exactly as I expected. And it's my entry for colorful #OMD3 prompt and vinyls prompt at 30 Days of Colour. On the right hand I did skittles nails with cream background and holo top, V shapes were done using stripping tape. Oh, and thumb had double gradient round spiral, just for fun. This was my entry for V-shape #OMD3 challenge. There is something magic about this colorful cream/holo combo, I simple love using it.

Results 



Figure 1. Nail art "Beyond colorful"




Figure 2. Left hand, double gradient and vinyls.


Figure 3. Individual nails.



Figure 4. Macro images.



Figure 5. Right hand, stripping tape.



Figure 6. Individual nails.

Figure 7. Macro images.

Video tutorial. 

Materials and Methods

Nail Polish:
  • Essie- Full steam ahead, Bikini so teeny and The more the merrier (background gradient)
  • Barry M - Papaya (background gradient)
  • Emily de Molly - Head over heals, Inner peace and Setting sun (top gradient)
  • Enchanted polish - March 2014 (top gradient)
Other materials:
  • Round and square spirals
  • Stripping tape

References


2 comments:

  1. LOVE both of these designs and the color combo so hard! You did a fantastic job with the tape mani, I can not deal with striping tape lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm really exploiting this polish color combo, 3 manis with the same polish it's my record. But there is something really special about it, which i love. Tape was one of my first nail art tools actually, it's pretty easy compared to stamping :)

      Delete